After the Sox got rid of two of their best players in the 2019 offseason, Mookie Betts and David Price, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. They also fired arguably the best player-manager they've ever had in Alex Cora for his role in sign-stealing with the 2017 Astros. But what else could go wrong? Oh yeah, and their ace pitcher, Chris Sale, is missing the whole season for Tommy John surgery. In other words your boy is a little depressed and the 2020 season isn't looking so good.
On top of all the bad news, the Red Sox pitching rotation is gonna be a crapshoot. No Chris Sale. No David Price.....God help us. The Sox did acquire LHP Martin Perez from the Twins who had an ERA last year of 5.12...so we'll be good right? But after watching him pitch in Spring Training, I've come to the conclusion that this guy STINKS! In other pitching news, Eddy Aces (Eduardo Rodriguez) has recently tested positive for COVID-19 so we'll see if he'll be ready to go for opening day. The number two starter, Nate Eovaldi is coming off injury and with Perez at three, Ryan Weber at four, and BJ (Brian Johnson) rounding out the rotation, it's gonna be interesting.
What I also worry about is the team's lack of identity due to the loss of Sale, Price, Betts, and Cora. Does this team belong to Devers and Bogaerts? Or what about J.D. Martinez and Benintendi? It's up in the air right now.
In order to put themselves in a good spot, the Sox need to win at least 5 of their first 7 games. They'll be playing the Orioles and the Mets before taking on the fully healthy Yankees, who added the best pitcher in baseball, Gerrit Cole.
Even with all the negativity, anything can happen. So why not us!?
LETS GO SOX, KID!!


Comments
Post a Comment