Money Bags Mahomes Basically Owns Kansas City

Only a few weeks after signing a megadeal with the Kansas City Chiefs, Patrick Mahomes is an official part-owner of the hometown baseball team, Kansas City Royals. First impressions? I LOVE IT. Hell yeah man! If I was that rich that's exactly what I'd do. Owning a baseball team is on my "if I was an irrationally wealthy man, what would I buy" bucket list. This is also such a smart move for him since he'll be raking in the doe far past the timeline of his 10 year, $505 million dollar deal. Damn...I still can't get over that deal.

Getting to the details of things, Royal's owner, John Sherman put out a statement this morning saying "We are very proud and excited to have Patrick as our partner in the ownership group of this franchise". Following that, Mahomes said how excited and honored he is being able to root himself deeper into the Kansas City culture and strengthen his relationship with the great people of KC. 


Other than this decision making Mahomes more money, it also made sense for sentimental reasons. For example, Patrick Mahomes' dad played in the MLB from the early 1990s to 2003. Patrick Mahomes Sr. played for the Twins and the Pirates. Another cool tidbit was that Mahomes Jr. was drafted by the Detroit Tigers in 2014. Smart decision by him for sticking with football and going to Texas Tech. 

Comments